Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)

Dark Lover  - J.R. Ward Reread February 2012 to prepare for Lover Reborn out March 27th 2012Looks like I never reviewed Dark Lover the first time I read it back in 2010. I was new to Goodreads then and didn't really have the confidence to review books. **Some Spoilers**I know that It’s been said that Dark Lover is a weak start to the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J. R. Ward and I have to say for me this book was the foundation needed to build this amazing world of Vampire warriors protecting their Vampire race from extinction from the Lessers. First off, Wrath before Beth graced his life was a hollow shell of a man that fell the guild of his parents murder and thought of himself as an unworthy male, unfit to lead his men and take his rightful place as their King. Beth was that piece that was missing and the journey for them is quite beautiful. Ward does not write weak females and that is displayed in Beth’s ability to adapt to her new roll as a Vampire and later as Wraths Queen. “Perfect date material, she thought. A vampire with the social equivalent of road rage. -Beth about Wrath” In Dark Lover we are introduced to the rest of the Brothers. We get to see them before they move into the mansion together and learn about them from Beth’s point of view. “God, he even knew their names. Rhage. Phury. And that scary-ass Zsadist guy. Yeah, no Tom, Dick, and Harry names for the vampire types. But come on, could you actually imagine some lethal bloodsucker named Howard? Eugene?” *Read in April 2010