Addicted

Addicted (Addicted #1) - Charlotte Featherstone Feb, 2012 Romance Group Read.3.5 Stars…Not really sure how to review Addicted. This book brought on so many extreme emotions; at times I wanted to bash Anais and Lindsay over the head with a blunt object (opium pipe anyone?) Ultimately, Addicted is one of the most realistic Historical Romance books I’ve read. This story is not pretty to read, these people are messed up, and they make mistakes and lots of them. Anais Darnby’s transformation from ‘innocent girl’ in love to hiding a ‘secret’ from everyone was dramatic to read. You wanted her to be better than that, to do the right thing but we’ve all be there, done something that we cannot take back. Featherstone writes her transformation on the sly, it’s like you flip a page and realize how far gone Anais is. Lindsay is a bad boy from the start; he’s a recreational opium user with a taste for women. His slow decline into addiction sneaks up on you and on Lindsay. You see he’s nothing like his alcoholic father? His downfall is more heartbreaking because Lindsay is always truthful with his emotions and shares his heart with Anais while she stays guarded.Together Anais and Lindsay are one long foreplay, every touch, smile is intoxicating and you cannot help getting wrapped up in it. This is my first Charlotte Featherstone book and I can see now why she has such a following. She does not write ‘light’ books, Addicted is painful at times to read. In the end Lindsay and Anais get their HEA...