Sugar Creek (Destiny, Ohio Series #2)

Sugar Creek (Destiny, Ohio Series #2) - Toni Blake 2.5 stars...I feel really bad giving this book a lower star rating. I really liked One Reckless Summer but there was just something missing from the second book in the Destiny series.In Sugar Creek Rachel Farris comes back to Destiny to help her grandma Edna harvest this years apples. Rachel lives in Chicago and is proud that she escaped Destiny and has a high power job in an up and coming ad agency. She's living the dream but her job may not be all the perfect. Enter Mike Romo, hard edges cop who hates speeders and law breakers. The Romo and Farris clans have been fighting over Edna's apply orchard for years and that just makes Rachel and Mike love affaire more interesting. So, why the 2.5 star rating you ask? Well, I could not relate to Rachel. It's more the way she was written, there was just something missing from her character. I could not emphasize with her because her problems were so minimal and I felt like Miss Blake wrote her character with too much perfection. Then there was the odd penis references. Now keep in mind, i've heard it all. Here are a few of my favorites: Trouser Snake and Stiffy. Really! Then there was the sex, again, something was lacking there too. ... his bedroom eyes suddenly got a little more bedroomy, and he spoke a bit slower, voice deeper. Hands down the best part of Sugar Creek was Edna. She's smart, sassy, confident and honest. The way that Miss Blake was able to weave Edna's love story into her and Rachel picking apples was wonderful. I found myself skimming the part with Rachel and Mike to get to more Edna. The whole town of Destiny just intrigues me. I've enjoyed reading about all the other hot men and sweet women who live there. I'm still planning on reading the rest of this series...