Rock Chick Rescue

Rock Chick Rescue  - Kristen Ashley Major disappointment. That's hard for me to admit, me being a huge Kristen Ashley fan and all.After reading the first book in the Rock Chick series, Rock Chick I was eagerly anticipating Jet and Eddies book. I mean, Eddie is smoking hot and from what we learned about Jet she was just trouble. Well, let's just say Rock Chick Rescue didn't work for me and i'm not happy about that.Here's what turned me on...We get more of the gang working at the book store, which is laugh out laud funny. It's like this rag tag group of misfits you can't help but love because they're so out there. These friends will do anything for each other and that's so fun to read. Indy, Ally, Tex, Duke and Jane jump off the pages and fall right into your heart.It was like the Justice League of Super Heroes but instead it was the Justice League of Hot Guys. Hotness overload: We meet more of Lee Nightingales men and Eddie Chavez is a bad ass detective who will not stop at anything to keep those he loves safe.Here's what turned me offThese hot guys tend to run together. No i'm not talking about a running group. More that they are all bad ass, buff, hot, and wear tight muscle bearing shirts with worn Levis. All protective alpha males with attitude. Don't get me wrong I love that. It's just starting to get old.There there is the over use of 'cringe worthy terms' Electricity shot straight to my doo-da.Yeah, Jet just said 'Doo-da' to describe her 'lady parts.' If she did that once or maybe twice that would have been okay but the overuse of that word ruins the book for me. It was a glass of cold water on any hot Jet and Eddie moment. Kristen Ashley tends to over use terms and I've found them sweet and cute in the past books but in combination with all this is was just too much.In the end, this book was a wash. I'm not going to let it deter me from reading the rest of the Rock Chick Series. My hope is that as the books progress that the writing improves.