Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)

Rock Chick Reckoning - Kristen Ashley Hands down my favorite Rock Chick book. Mace and Stella are beyond cute and their love and journey was beautiful and healing to read. “Then what’s important?” “Keepin’ you alive. Workin’ out our shit. Movin’ on together. That’s what’s important.” You can't have a Rock Chick book without some kick ass rock and roll. Kristen Ashley was able to blend music into this book like nothing I have ever read before. I even cried to Blink 182's 'All the Small Things," never thought that would happen.So now I come to you, with open arms Nothing to hide, believe what I say So here I am with open arms Hoping you'll see what your love means to me Open arms - Journey, Open ArmsIt's all about,The MusicBilly Joels - And so it goesJourney's "Open Arms"Blink 182 - All the Small things REO Speedwagon’s “Ridin’ the storm outAnd now my bitter hands cradle broken glass Of what was everything? All the pictures have all been washed in black Tattooed everything All the love gone bad Turned my world to black Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll ever be, yeah Uh huh, uh huh, ooh I know someday you'll have a beautiful life I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky But why, why, why can't it be, oh can't it be mine?-Pear Jam, "Black"Rock Chick Reckoning is an emotional journey and in Kristen Ashley style, it's woven with the other Rock Chick and Hot Bunches points of views. Brilliant! You get snippets into your favorite couples and moments that will change their lives forever. The story of Mace and Stella is very dark, it's handled with care and delivered with truth. In the end, it's love and family (made or by blood) that heals them. That journey is painful to read but i've learned that through hurt and pain, we're able to appreciate... the small things.“Don’t cry for me Daisy,” I said softly. “I’m not broken, just scarred.” You cannot have a Rock Chick book without all the funny moments. It's the only thing that keeps this book feeling so 'real.' Stella's band is hilarious and she a mama bear trying to keep them all together.“But, I’m rooting for Mace this time. I ain’t standin’ by lettin’ him slip through your fingers again.” I reared back but Floyd leaned in close. “I’m gonna do what I have to do to help him break you.” Oh my God! “Floyd!” I shouted. He put his hand on my cheek, grinned then said, “It’s for your own good.” Hands down the best Epilogue EVER! We see the Rock Chicks and Hot Bunch, five years into the future and it's Amazing! It brought tears to my eyes. I cannot wait to see what happens next...