River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6)

River Marked - Patricia Briggs This Mercedes Thompson book should have been called 'A Wedding and some Funerals' not that many people die it's just so dark at times. Such a mix of light and dark moments.Here is what we learn from River Marked: Who/what Mercy's father really was. More about Mercy's heritage and if there are more Walkers. The fae, more crazy creatures that go bump in the night. In River Marked Mercy is quieter, or it seems so through Briggs writing. The first half is slower, not that it does not grab your attention, it does. We are giften with the quiet before the storm and that quiet is so sweet. Adam and Mercy's bond/marriage/relationship jumps off the page and into your heart. You can't fight it because it's such a beautiful thing. A man who's love and respect for her outweighs his primal urge to drag her to a cave and guard the entrance. There is such beauty in that. Adam is not the only who feels that way. I have to say that River Marked was my favorite in this series so far. It was a complete package.