Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) - J.R. Ward The male took three strides forward, reached up…and kissed the ever-loving shit out of Blay. The kiss was the kind that you remembered all your life, the connection forged with such totality that everything from the feel of the body against your own, to the warm slide of another’s lips on yours, to the power as well as the control, was etched into your mind. Blay didn’t ask any questions. He just held on, slipping his arms around the other male, welcoming the tongue that entered him, kissing back even though he didn’t understand what had motivated this. He probably should care. Probably should pull away. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Whatever. Well... To be honest this book had me running through several emotions. First off, I couldn't wait to get my greedy little hands on it. Second, I jumped upon it like a Shellan after her mate and lastly, it left me utterly let down. I didn't even have any expectation for the longly anticipated and much needed story of Qhuinn and Blaylock. All I wanted was for Ms. Ward to give then was they deserved and in some ways she did that, but there was a lot missing.At this point, 3 stars is generous and almost a wish for what could have been. Alright, let's start from the beginning like all good stories should...Huge Black Dagger Brotherhood FanI'm a fan. I love each and every brother and i'm not going to say it agin. I loved all the books. Well up to [b:Lover Reborn|10993282|Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)|J.R. Ward|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319144072s/10993282.jpg|15911884] and then for me things started to drag. It's not often that you can say that about a series of books, that not till book 10 did characters, settings or even ideas start to get old. So, you know i'm a fan. So you know how HARD this is for me to say... The series need to come to a conclusion. It's time to put these brothers that I hold dear to my heart and wrap this story arch up. I find it's crazy that secondary characters or ones that have been recently introduced are being set up for mates. I just think it's time. Qhuay's StoryLike other BDB (Black Dagger Brotherhood) fans i've been waiting for this story and so excited to get my hands on it. With a few other series I was worried that Ms. Ward might do some fade to black scenes but I was well rewarded in that aspect. We find Qhuinn torn up at the start of Lover at Last, he's in love with Blay and doesn't know how to go about getting what he wants. Thru many twists and turns we find them together but it's just sex that they're getting from each other. This almost broke my heart. I kind of felt like Ms. Ward made us wait all these books and then to be together and it's all non communication and unsaid love. Well up until the epilogue and then everything is wrapped up in this nice little package. But what I wanted was for a whole book to be Qhuay finally being together, a mating scent and some real commitment. In the end they're going to mate but we don't get a ceremony so I guess we have to wait another book for that. See what I mean. I was just so dissapointed with how this whole thing went down. I wanted more for them. I wanted more for the fans and I wanted more from Ward.“You always have. You’ve always had me…and my heart. My soul. Everything."The other multiple story lines that drowned out Qhuay...- Assial and Sola: Loved them, they are hot and another couple thats story is new and we're sure to see them again.- Layla and Xcor: They have this amazing connection and honestly that really tugged at my heart. I cannot wait to see some HEA for Layla but I have no idea how Ms. Ward is going to pull that off considering all that Xcor has done. I have a feeling that Layla will change this man for the better.- Band of Bastard: Honestly, I read these characters but I don't know whats going to happen. I know that Ward will lead me down that path when she's ready but they don't really hold my interest.In the end, Lover at Last left me wanting more. I wanted to see Blay and Qhuinn establishing their love and I had hoped that's what this book would provide but instead we got so many story lines that I had to struggle to keep everything straight, an ending that was SO rushed it pissed me off and a book that felt more like a transitional book in a series then a solid addition. Will I read the next book? You bet your dagger I will but I have to admit that the last two books have not been as solid as the ones before and Ms. Ward is going to have to really win me over. “I’m proud of you, and I love you,” Blay said yet again, that old, familiar voice cutting through all of those years of rejection and judgment, giving him not just a rope of acceptance to hang onto, but a flesh-and-blood hand to lead him out of the darkness of his past…. And into a future that didn’t require lies or excuses, because what he was, and what they were, was both extraordinary—and nothing out of the ordinary. Love, after all, was universal. Qhuinn closed his fist up tight, and knew he would never, ever take that ring off. “Always,” Blay murmured. “Because family is an always kind of thing.” Sweet Jesus, Qhuinn was sobbing like a pussy. But Blay didn’t seem to mind in the slightest—or judge. And that was the point, wasn’t it. “Always,” Qhuinn echoed hoarsely. “Always…”