Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)

Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) - Karina Halle Darkhouse is really unlike any other book that i've read before. I have to admit that i'm new to the horor or thriller book scene mainly because after I gave birth to children those things that went bump in the night really did scare me so much more. So as a genre, I simple avoided those books that would give me goosebumps. Well, i've been missing out. Darkhouse is the first book in the Experiment in Terror series and i'll admit at times I was scared but most of this book is just pure fun.Perry PalominoDarkhouse is really about Perry... She's who we meet first and who I felt this connection to. She's written in a way that you cannot help but connect with her and feel empathy for her strife. She's a 22 year old college graduate working as a receptionist for an advertising agency and living at home with her parents. She's in a transition stage in her life and she's a little down on herself. Ms. Halle introduces the reader to Perry in stages, you get what she looks like, how she interacts with her family and then later in the book what her youth was like and how that ultimately shaped her. Perry is a complex character that we're just beginning to learn about. Dex ForayIt's almost impossible to not like Dex. I'd like to meet someone who doesn't like him because he's funny, smart, great sence of humor and pleasing to the eye in a non traditional way. He's no alpha male, in fact one of my favorites scenes is when Dex get's scared and ends up jumping from a lighthouse and hurting himself. He's not perfect but I think that his character is just beginning to be revealed to us. Plus any guy who stands up for his friend by saying this is awesome in my book...“She may not be a self-obsessed stick-thin bimbo, but she’s more than right for this job. You’re right in that she’s got something about her, and we have a right to share that with the world. This show is more than just stupid ghost stories. This show will go further into those mysteries than any show has before. It will bring that real back to reality programming. She’s smart, she’s funny and she’s not afraid to take risks. Not to mention that she’s beautiful, sexy and charming. You know it, I know it, and soon everyone else will know it. The only person who doesn’t know it is her because of archaic fuckheads like yourself telling her otherwise.” My mouth dropped open another inch.In conclusion, I found Darkhouse to be a great start to what I hear is a fantastic heart stopping fun series. This first book in the Experiment in Terror series introduced us to a solid cast of characters, engaging ghost and scary landmarks. I have a feeling there is much in store for Perry and Dex.I cannot wait for the next book, [b:Red Fox|11710500|Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)|Karina Halle|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1324262036s/11710500.jpg|19191181]