Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1)

Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) - Kristen Ashley Knight is the designer knock off of Christian Grey. But why pay more for something that just better…Knight the book not the character is like a rating roller coaster. One minute it’s up then the next you read a ‘Yes, Daddy’ and it’s falling again. This book had me saying, “did he really just say that?” a lot, more than a lot. Knight (the book) is dark, it’s seedy, but it’s still sweet and tender in it’s own way. A face that launched a thousand hard-ons.Knight meets Anya when his brother Nick throws a parting in his fifteenth floor apartment in Denver (who knew Denver has so much going on?). She’s nice to him, respectful and sweet… Knight likes sweet, he’s never had sweet and he’s not letting Anya go. Both Knight and Anya have difficult pasts but each in their own way are making name for themselves. “wars fought over a face like this,” he murmured like he was talking to himself. My heart stopped beating and his thumbs moved lightly across my cheeks. “A man would work himself into the group for it, go down on his knees to bed to keep it, endure torture to protect it, take a bullet for it,” his eyes came to mine, “poison his brother to possess a face like this.”To say Knight is controlling and dominating would be like calling a lion a tame kitty. He’s all that and never once does he apologize for it. He can’t help himself. He likes his sex rough, sweet, soft then rough again. He’s in control but don’t think that Anya has lost hers. “Knight,” I breathed.“You are not walkin’ away from me.” I still don’t know what to think of this book. I’ve read a few of Kristen Ashley’s books and I really liked them. I enjoy her writing style and it’s easy to over look the few editing errors that I’ve found in her previous works. Who wouldn’t have respect for a self-published author? Now, having said that, Knight is her darkest book so far. I’m interested to see where she will take this series and you can be sure that I’ll be in line for the next book.In closing, when I read the ‘Authors notes’ in the beginning of Knight, yeah I usually skip those too. It made me understand more where Kristen Ashley coming from writing Anya they way she did. Embrace yourself, even your faults, and understand you have something to contribute and more, people want it, love it, crave it.Further, baby can have back, an awesome rack and a Buddha belly and still find a wonderful man who makes her melt because she has all she has and is all she is. The media bombards us with images we take in as desirable, our inner demon absorbs these and tells us that is what we should strive to be.And it is impossible This is damagingAnd I don’t like that. Because my inner demon tells me the same thing and I fight it all the time. And my work is one of the ways I do that.