Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, Book 10)

Into the Storm - Suzanne Brockmann This book had it all: Suspense, love, funny characters and hot sex. Now that's a good book if you ask me. If you haven't tried the Troubleshooter Series then you're missing out. This is the 10th book in the series and Into the Storm does not disappoint. I don't know how Ms. Brockmann is able to write such amazing, flawed, deeply relatable characters (for Navy SEALS and FBI agents :) But she does and it's so very fun to read...Into the Storm is the story of Mike "Jenk" Jenkins and Lindsay finding their way together. Here is what I want to say about Lindsay, the women brings the funny and then brings the nasty bitch and at the end they balance each other out but it's fun to read. She makes some mistakes and comes to a few false conclusions that she then has to talk her way out of but it's almost fun to see her squirm through the process. "I used the wrong word," Jenk told her, and as she looked into his eyes, she realized that she'd been wrong about him. Intensity, determination, assertiveness, fortitude. He had it all, along with an inability to understand the word quit. "I shouldn't have said skinny. I should have said willowy, or I don't know… graceful. Delicate maybe. Bottom line, I happen to think you're extremely beautiful. And, yes, very nicely proportioned." Mr. Jenkins... he's not your typical alpha male, but that's what you have to love about him. He's at the peek of his game, strong, fit, comfortable in his life but something is missing. I have to say that his respect and understanding for Lindsay's time as an LAPD officer and now her working for the Troubleshooters is one of the things I adore about him. This sums up Mike Jenkin's perfectly...The night he'd fallen in love with Lindsey but was too stupid to know it. It was also clear, just as she'd pointed out that night, that she really hadn't needed a team of Navy SEALs to save her. She done just fine by herself. Can we finally get to my man Izzy: The man brought the funny and in the process stole my heart. He's confident but underneath it all he's a little insecure, thats why he's always making joke. He's your friend that you always go to to bring you out of that funk and when you face down the enemy you cannot help but need that. His ability to break up the hunt for a killer and the stressful job as on the Navy's elite SEAL 16 team is what makes Izzy such a valuable character to this story. I cannot wait to see who Brockmann puts him with. Here are some Izzy funny moments:"Whoa," Izzy said. "Wait. You two've been telling dick jokes without me?" "We prefer to call them Johnson jokes," Jenk said, with a completely straight face. "It's classier." "Time-out," Izzy proclaimed. "Can we not give these people names? The rich family is Horace and Prudence Peckerfart and their son Dick. No relation to Gillman - or is there? Say this for us, Daniel: Zounds! That scoundrel stole Mumsy's necklace!" Lets not leave out the love Triangle: Dave, Sophia and Deck Honestly at this point i'd just like one of those men to make a move... anyone? I mean, Sophia has it all. She's beautiful, smart, capable of taking care of herself and is finally ready to move on. It's like Dave and Deck, best friends are stumbling over each other. It's almost unbearable to read but you cannot get enough. I did have hope at the end of Into the Storm that Deck had finally decided to just talk with her... Let's just say I cannot wait to find out what happens to these three.Before I conclude this review... I want to say that I have the utmost respect for our armed forces, they do a job that at times is thankless, they're often away from the ones they love and make sacrifices most Americans cannot comprehend. I commend Brockmann for writing these SEALS with flaws because they're human. I heard this song the other day and I immediately thought of these characters...Keith Urban - For YouIn conclusion, if you're looking for an action packed story , deeply layered and fun characters and a little romance mixed it, then you should check out the Troubleshooter Series I have enjoyed reading about these character and each book builds upon the next in a way that your think of these characters are family. I cannot wait to read Jules book... along with the rest of the Troubleshooters.