Among the Living (PsyCop)

Among the Living (PsyCop) - Jordan Castillo Price Buddy Read, Friday Dec 16, 2011Solid characters, great plot and this book is short but this series has potential. I really liked this book, sounds very simple but sometimes that's all you need. You know those books where the author starts the story and you have to jump in and scramble to figure out what's going on. Well, Among the Living drops you into a moving storyline but you easily catch on to what's happening. Vic, is one messed up Psy. He hears dead people and they don't want to leave him alone. He takes medication to keep the voices a bay but sometimes that interferes with his work. Then there's Jacob, let's just say he's one fine man and he's interested in Vic and is not shy about telling or showing him. I was a little torn between a 3 or 4 star rating. I was uncomfortable with the 'queer' comments made by Vic. I ended up going with the 4 star because I really did enjoy this story and the author build these layered characters within such a short book.