Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)

Captive in the Dark - C.J. Roberts 3.5 stars. I have no idea what i'm going to write... I've now had a few days to let this book sink in.Let's start at the beginning. I'm a fan of Comfort Food and when I started Captive in the Dark I was expecting something similar. What I got was just not quite the same. Yes, I know I shouldn't compare these two books, it's like comparing one child to the other. It's just so hard not to.In Captive in the Dark Olivia is kidnaped and placed in a room without light, without sun and without any human contact. Except for Caleb, her captor. Her giver of pain, pleasure and food. He uses these things to control how he wants his 'Kitten' to behave, react and conduct herself. He's her Master and Caleb has big plans for Livvie. Plans that are 12 years in the making.What happens when you're reduced to your primal needs and urges? What part of yourself are you willing to let go in order to survive? In Captive in the Dark these ideas are touched upon. I've always found the human experience captivating. How we each in our own way see the world through our own eyes and experience it differently.This book messes with your mind. It's dark and you still find yourself looking for the good parts of Caleb that you know are hidden under years of torture and pain. This book ends in a cliffhanger, we are left with a idea of what Caleb and Livvie might do next but we can only know for sure when Seduced in the Dark if released. I cannot wait to find out what happens next.