Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)

Lover Reborn - J R Ward 5 stars and a big mac...The Warden has done it again… I’ve been a fan of this series since Dark Lover and I have enjoyed every book, yep all 10 of them. Now some have been better than others but that’s to be expected. I will say that Lover Reborn was close to perfect.There is something about Wards writing that is so edgy, raw and evokes emotions in you that you never thought guys wearing shitkickers could. At times in sneaks up on you, you find yourself connecting to these characters on a deep level. It was, of course, everything that she had wanted to hear: no limits on her, free to choose, free to be equal. So much happens in Lover Reborn, from page to page you have no idea what Ward will throw at you next. I found myself crying one moment to laughing the next. It’s impossible as a fan of this series to not have felt something for Tohrment’s anguish. Unlike the other books, Lover Reborn takes place over a year. In the Mansion there is a lot of transitions that happen, because being a Matted does not mean ‘happily ever after’ and I’m glad that Ward finally showed this part of the story. I won’t go into it because I would hate to spoil anything for those who haven’t read this book yet, but you will not be disappointed.In Lover Reborn we have 5 story-lines that are a the forefront:Tohr and No’OneTohr and WellsieJohn and XhexNo’One and XhexQhuinn and BlayEach amazing to read, each needed to be told and one that has yet to be finished. From out of his gut, a massive groundswell of pride rose, warming his entire body, stretching his lips into a smile so wide his cheeks hurt. Staring at his female, and the mission-critical evidence she’d brought into the fold, he was willing to bet he threw shadows, he was beaming so much. I know that some Black Dagger Brotherhood fans were either on the ‘Wellsie’ side or the ‘No’One’ side… I’ve always been on the Tohr side. I’ve read his grief and anguish for so long that it was almost a relief to watch his transformation, believe me he went kicking and screaming. I think that Ward did Tohr, Wellsie and No’One justice. Don’t get the impression that we weren’t left with a lot of loose ends. There are some major twists and turns including Xcor, Throe, Layla and the Band of Bastards.In the midst of all he couldn’t handle, he just looked at his old, dear friend. As always, Blay was that anchor that kept him from being swept away. Qhuay fans… I wish I could give you good news, all I can say is if I were a betting woman, I would lay odds that the next book is about Qhuinn and Blaylock. There I said it.