Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

Beautiful Disaster  - Jamie McGuire Update June 2012Sometimes when you don't comment on someones bad behavior after awhile it's like you're condoning that behavior. Because of Jamie McGuire's disturbing comments regarding negative reviews and her attacking those who have not liked Beautiful Disaster I cannot support this book anymore. I love reading and reviewing books. I do that because it's something that makes me happy. I believe that Goodreads should be a safe place for readers to write constructive reviews without the fear of authors bad mouthing them.So, it's with great sadness that I reduce my rating of Beautiful Disaster. It's now left me with a bad taste in my mouth.Original Review November 20114 stars...Can you say train wreck... Like one of those bystanders that cannot look away I was drawn into Beautiful Disaster and could not stop till the story was finished. I can no longer say i'm not a fan of young Adult books anymore, I've finally found a few that have pulled me in and wont let me go. I enjoyed the mature dialog that Abby 'Pidge' and Travis had. McGuire was able to build characters that had heart, were damaged but ultimately just wanted to be happy. Who can't relate to that? There is nothing like that first feeling of falling in love and I found myself having butterflies when Travis walked into a room. Although, Travis and Abby had a very dysfunctional relationship to us on the outside for some reason it worked for them. They found security in the possessive nature of their want for each other and the love that they both needed. I for one cannot fault them for that. So, read Beautiful Disaster because the title is so fitting.