On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) - Samantha Young 2.5 stars...Unfortunately On Dublin Street left me wanting more... I can't quite put my finger on what exactly this book need to round our my star rating. Many of my GR friends rated this book high and I can see so many points in this book that had my attention. Ultimately those were too few and far between. I wanted to like Joss, I really did. I felt for her heartbreaking past but found the idea that she's not a well off young lady who doesn't spend her money because of the memory of her family is too painful. Then next thing we know she's off buying a designer dress, Christian Louboutin shoes and a fancy handbag all to attend a date with Braden Carmichael. Still I was so encouraged by her want to improve herself and the move past the painful past. It just felt so contrived, perfectly calculated to make the reader swoon. I just didn't buy it.Braden is almost too perfect. Successful, wealthy, loving older brother, and a handson Scotsman. He amazing with his younger siblings, attentive to their needs and always spoiling them. Again, I found his wealth one of those plots that seems too perfect. I couldn't connect with his character. I did enjoy Braden's honesty, telling Joss just want he wanted from her. I'll be honest, the Scotland storyline is what drew me to this book. The descriptions of the ancient castles the rolling hills, and the quaint cobble stone streets are some of the descriptions that shined in this book.