Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover I laughed. I cried. Then I laughed at a pair of cancerous lungs... Then I cried again.“She puts her hands against the life she had. Living with ignorance, Blissful and sad. But nobody knows what lies behind The days before the day we die.” -The Avett Brothers, Die Die Die Phew! When I started Slammed and I read the synopsis, about a girl who after her fathers death moves with her mother and younger brother to a new city and meets the boy next door. I was thinking it would be just another sweet young adult book that i've grown to love. Well I got Slammed. With Layken Cohen and Will Cooper. I saw Will coming a mile away but what snuck up on me was the deep heartbreaking tragedy that both Lake and Will endured. Colleen Hoover throws so very deep issues at you, death, cancer, young love and Chuck Norris. You cannot deal with the dark unless you know there is some light in the future. Intertwined with some heavy subjects is an underline whit and acceptance that the number of days we have on this earth are limited and variable but how we spend them is not."Did you know Chuck Norris doesn't have a funny bone? It tried to make him laugh once, so he ripped it out,"My only complaint would be how fast Will and Lake fell in love. I know that seems counter productive because the romantic side of me believes in love at first sight but the rational side of me sees all the obstacles against it. So take from that what you will. Know that I enjoyed reading Slammed, it evoked emotions in me, keept me coming back to read more and was funny through the dark subject matter."If you can't answer yes to these three questions, don't even waste your time on a relationship. Does he treat you with respect at all times? That’s the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire you to want to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you’ve found a good man."