Poughkeepsie

Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie, #1) - Debra Anastasia This is hands down my favorite book of 2011... Poughkeepsie is hard to review because it's beauty and love will outshine any of my words. I can't do it justice or ever express the emotions it evoked in me. Here is my humble attempt...When you first meet Livia she's just this grad student catching the train at the Poughkeepsie station. Livia smiles at everyone, she's one of those souls that does not hold back her happiness and on of those lucky smile catchers is Blake. He sees Livia board and exit the train all week, he counts her smiles like they are rays of sunshine more valuable than anything in the world. When they first touch each other it's as if the puzzel that had lost it's pieces became clean or easy to see. Life has not been easy for Blake, his mother was a drunk and he became a word of the state. He bounced from foster home to foster home until the day he landed at Ricks house and found his brother of the heart, Beckett and Cole.Poughkeepsie is not just about Blake and Livia finding a way to be together and get past all the hurt. It's about a group of damaged people finding each other and forming a true family, one that will love, protect and respect each other. This book touched my heart, I felt a connection to these characters that jumped out of this book and took me for an amazing ride. This song reminded me of Blake, Cole, Beckett, Kyle, Livia, and Eve...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeW0Sl0tNS8